Monday, October 1, 2007

All The Food At The Fair


Don't you just love the healthy food in the picture BBQ lamb, chips and coke (click to enlarge).

Of all the high fat food available at the show and there is plenty, not much has passed my lips, which I find amazing. I have sampled a few thing that in days gone by I would have eaten my fill. However these days I really don't want to eat the stuff. As Dr John McDougall said " I have feasted enough in my life and now I simply want to eat good, fresh and nutritious foods.
Jacquie bought some hot potato wedges today and I had one, without the sour cream. I was amazed at how much fat it held. Jacquie said that's the way she likes them. The funny thing is, once you start eating them, they just taste delicious no matter how greasy they are.
I spent my money on a beautifully crafted bag from Indonesia instead. I was happy about that.
I also spent a quite hour watching the cattle judging. There is something about cows (and bulls) that I love. They are peaceful creatures. Even as a kid on the farm, we loved spending time with them and having the calves suck our fingers.
I am not sure if I want to go tomorrow. Somehow I think I will give it a miss and look forward to having a great day there on Wednesday instead.

No comments: