Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jumping Jehosophat Spring Is Here!

Hey I woke up the other day and I actually smiled. Now that in itself is not unusual, but it is for me first thing in the morning, any morning. Somehow as if by magic the world has turned on the sweet warm Spring sunshine.
Now I am by definition, a hot personality. I actually need to feel warm and if I was any other animal, I would be a reptile. No wonder that I was born in the Chinese year of the snake!
Western Australia is beautiful in Summer. Living on the Indian Ocean side of the country has so many benefits weatherwise. Here the late afternoon winds in the warm months comes off the cool ocean and after a morning of easterlies, it feels wonderful. In Perth this breeze even has its own name. The early settlers called it the Fremantle Doctor, given it refreshing qualities.
Now I have calculated that I can enjoy feeling warm for the next seven months, yippee. Please remind me that I said that when I am complaining about a succession of 40C plus days with no respite in sight.

No comments: