Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lesson In Life

As I am getting older I find that somehow everyone thinks I am either great for keeping up with technology" You mean you have a blog?", or "you actually own a MP3 player". This of course leads to what I have downloaded on it. I tell them something ridiculous. I am not about to tell anyone that I have nutritional podcasts by Joel fuhrman, or my entire collection of Andre Bocelli albums. On the other hand I find a certain mocking/scolding tone creeping into peoples dealings with me. Some of it is directed at my hearing loss. Others it's because I think differently from everyone else. All I know is that I am sick of it and want to run away and hide.
I often wonder how other people deal with situations like this? I want my life back and I want people to see me as a worthwhile individual and offer loving support and not put hindrances in my way. I want to remind them that it is only a few years since I graduated from University and that I have helped form the nation's future when I was a member of the national executive of one of our political parties, that just happened tp hold the balance of power in the Senate. No One it seems cares about any of that. I am older and therefore, I know nothing.

No comments: