Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Today I Went Off Plan

I ate off plan all day today, not a lot, but I did eat the very worst foods for me, cheese and chips. It just goes to show that one should be prepared. I can manage when I am at home and even when I go out for half a day. But today for some reason I couldn't be bothered making the necessary preparations. I left home earlier than I had planned and my breakfast was the usual oatmeal. Later I felt hungry around 2.30 pm and I could not find anything ETL friendly to eat. There were a lot of foods that were vegan, but most were swimming in oil. I settled for two bananas I bought with me and two very small pieces of chocolate. These settled my hunger and unsettled my digestive system both at the same time. After this I was not a pleasure to be with. I had my first real bout of gassy tummy since I started McDougalling in May this year.Unfortunately this kept up all evening and my tummy bloated so much that I had to keep pulling up my zipper.
It was so silly, because I had taken a salad with me and cloaked it in the members area of the showgrounds. Later there was a members reception with food platters, drinks and icecreams. I was pretty good though, I mainly ate the dried fruit off the cheese platters, some hot chips and I ate half an icecream, so it could have been worse. I also ate some nuts, allowable on the Fuhrman plan, but I ate too many of them and to make matters worse, some were coated in sugar.
I kept telling myself that one cannot be perfect all the time. But my better side was not buying it. Tomorrow I will be prepared and I will eat whatever I take with me. In fact I shall insist that I do.
I only hope I will listen to me tomorrow.

No comments: