Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Eating Yes, ETL Maybe!

After just twelve weeks eating nutrient dense foods I realised that I am not eating according to plan, or even eating enough food. Somehow the 1 pound of raw leafy green salads have been replaced by beans and rice and I am not achieving the 1 pound of cooked greens,nuts and ground flaxseed either.
How can I expect to get excellent results if I am not following the recommendations to the letter? I guess because I am small and because I am already at my ideal weight, I find it difficult to remain focused.
I meant to reform my food intake today, but I was out late and didn't eat any lunch. My biggest problem is that my sister Judith and I share a pot full of oats in the cold weather. I get up at 7 am and she gets up at 9. As she has a gastric problem she has to take a pill half an hour before eating. So I don't get my breakfast before 10 o'clock. This is far to late for me to establish a good routine. I should have a green smoothie or juice at seven. This would help increase my raw green vegetable intake a lot.
I simply must make sure I get enough nutrients every day, or else my weight will suffer along with my health. we hear a lot about how hard it is to lose weight. It is also hard to eat enough to maintain a healthy weight. To those who want to lose a hundred pounds or so, this must seem a trivial problem. However for me it really is.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think that it can be tough to get in all of the food that we're supposed to, especially when we only eat 3 meals per day.

Dr. Fuhrman has said that those guidelines are a goal to work on, and not a mandate. So as long as you're focused on the cooked and raw greens you will be ok :-)

I'm so happy that you have a blog!

Robert said...

Thanks Jocelyn,
I've noticed that you've been quiet on fatfreevegan. This is excellent commentary for all of us and a help for me to get back to focusing on my McD diet. I'm way off track again.

Best Wishes,

Robert